Monday, February 9, 2015

THE ROOST BAR and GRILL in Springfield, MO





Margarita
It's dark. The music is rather loud. The floor is bare concrete.The front and back aligned entrances create a bit of a draft. Nevertheless, the drinks are huge, potent and the price is right and in all seriousness the food is clever, fresh and pretty darn good at The Roost. 

Chicken becomes more interesting than beef and pork at The Roost. There are so many chicken choices, it's easy to overlook the burger menu. They claim their chicken is hand-cut and never frozen. I believe it

This was my second visit. The first time I ordered upon the bartender's suggestion and I did not see a menu. I ordered a bun-less jalapeno burger with waffle fries. Covered in jalapenos, I could hardly see the patty. But the beef was extraordinarily tasty. Even though, I know that suggests it was somewhat fatty, it was worth it. 

This time I studied the entire menu. Bread eaters will love The Pick'in'Chickin section of the menu with eleven different chicken selections to enjoy as a wrap or a sandwich, grilled or fried and served with a side for a modest price. What a deal!



I contemplated before deciding on one of The Roost Favorites; blackened chicken breasts, The Roost fries and a side salad.  The chicken breasts had a delicious peppery undertone, but I must admit they were a little dry. I liked the thin cut, but the eye-pleasing hand-cut scores in the meat allowed a lot of the moisture to escape. 


The generous side salad was fresh and did not taste like a plastic bag. I did forget to tell them to omit the croutons, but the problem was easily rectified. Unfortunately for my waistline, the star of the meal was The Roost fries. They're fresh-cut, slightly crispy and far too yummy. Of course, after a couple of The Roost margaritas, who really cares until the next day.

That's not all... joining me, in the flesh, was the burger connoisseur. He ordered The Roost burger, topped with American cheese and a fried egg. Oh my goodness! I'm told it was wonderful. 

The Roost has specials every night and when the weather cooperates the patio looks inviting. So, if you're looking for a new twist on bar food, I think you might just find it at The Roost.

The Roost menu on the web! 


Naked Chicken Sandwich 
Mushroom Burger with Fried Pickles

Supreme Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment